Primo and Privacy
This information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements. This information may be updated from time to time.
Primo’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education they undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Primo, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, contact details and other information about your circumstances and preferences.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it to us, such as when you enter a promotion or competition, or participate at our websites or social media or apply for employment on line.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide you with information about our products and assist in developing new products;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest to you (and if we do so, we will provide you with a way to opt out);
- to administer promotional programmes, such as sweepstakes, exclusive offers and competitions;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- sometimes, for product safety and product recalls;
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
If we use your personal information to contact you and you would prefer not, please let us know and we will do our best to respect your preference.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree to and consent to our using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this information and comply with the law.
Storing and disclosing your personal information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes.
In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on your personal information to other parts of our wider company, or other people or organisations assisting us with services, located both in and outside Australia.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
We delete or amend personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Contact with Primo about your personal information
You may wish to contact Primo to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is [insert] and further contact details for Primo are set out below.
P&M Quality Smallgoods Pty Ltd
18 Hume Highway
CHULLORA NSW 2190
Phone: +612 9742 0000
We will respond to your request for access to personal information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
Last updated: February 2014